More info and tutorials
Below you will find more information about the Nexus Tools Platform to help you get started
The model review was based on the developer's model homepages, manuals, tutorials and key literature, partly complemented or approved by the model developers. Please note that we cannot guarantee the correctness of the model specifications. Furthermore, the fact that a model is or is not included in the NTP does not mean that we endorse the model, or that a model may not be appropriate for a specific application.
The models included in the current version of the database represent a subset of a larger list compiled. Detailed information about further models as well as updates and amendments to information about models already included will be added gradually. The correctness and usefulness of this model comparison platform relies on feedback provided by users and developers of included modelling tools. Therefore, we welcome your comments, further information or recommendations to improve the information of the models reviewed.
If you would like any model to be added to the platform, please follow these instructions.
The general concept of the NTP and a description of some applications are given in Mannschatz et al. 2016. The paper is also available via ResearchGate, where you can also participate in the project discussions. Specific comments on any of the included modelling tools can be added to the Blog.
A full list of NTP-related literature, including the references from Mannschatz et al. (2016) and references of models included in Nexus Tools Platform has been compiled in an open Group Library implemented with Zotero (Link).
Further reading related to nexus tools:
- Daher, Bassel, Walid Saad, Suzanne A. Pierce, Stephan Hülsmann, and Rabi H. Mohtar. 2017. Trade-Offs and Decision Support Tools for FEW Nexus-Oriented Management. Current Sustainable/Renewable Energy Reports, 1–7 (Link).
- Hoff, Holger. 2011. Understanding the Nexus - Background Paper for the Bonn2011 Nexus Conference. In . Bonn: Stockholm Environment Institute (Link).
- Hülsmann, Stephan, and Reza Ardakanian, eds. 2014. White Book on Advancing a Nexus Approach to the Sustainable Management of Water, Soil and Waste. Dresden: UNU-FLORES (Link).
- Kurian, Mathew, and Reza Ardakanian, eds. 2015. Governing the Nexus - Water, Soil and Waste Resources under Conditions of Global Change. Switzerland: Springer International Publishing (Link).
- Kurian, Mathew, Reza Ardakanian, Linda Gonçalves Veiga, and Kristin Meyer. 2016. Resources, Services and Risks: How Can Data Observatories Bridge The Science-Policy Divide in Environmental Governance. Springer Briefs in Environmental Science. Switzerland: Springer (Link).
- Lal, Rattan. 2013. The Nexus of Soil, Water and Waste. Edited by Tobias Bauer. UNU-FLORES Lecture Series 1. Dresden; UNU-FLORES (Link).
- Lal, Rattan. 2015. “The Nexus Approach to Managing Water, Soil and Waste under Changing Climate and Growing Demands on Natural Resources.” In Governing the Nexus, edited by Mathew Kurian and Reza Ardakanian, 39–60. Springer International Publishing (Link).
- Mannschatz, Theresa, Manfred F. Buchroithner, and Stephan Hülsmann. 2015. “Visualization of Water Services in Africa: Data Applications for Nexus Governance.” In Governing the Nexus, edited by Mathew Kurian and Reza Ardakanian, 189–217. Springer International Publishing (Link).
- Mannschatz, Theresa, and Kristin Meyer. 2015. Modelling Tools for Dealing with Environmental Complexity. Our World, 2015 (Link).
- Mannschatz, T., T. Wolf, and S. Hülsmann. 2016. Nexus Tools Platform: Web-Based Comparison of Modelling Tools for Analysis of Water-Soil-Waste Nexus. Environmental Modelling & Software 76: 137–53 (Link).
The introduction to the website:
- Overview over the functionality of the pages
- How to create an account to use the blog
- How to engage in modeling software discussions
NEXUS TOOLS PLATFORM
Introduction to the new version of the NTPlatform:
- Overview of available graphs
- How to apply filters
- How to export the data